Additional Shuttle Buses to Swissair Service
Additional buses have been arranged to shuttle people to this evening's non-denominational open-air service being held in remembrance of those who died in the crash of Swissair Flight 111.
The service will be held on the grounds of East St. Margarets Elementary School, Indian Harbour. It begins at 6 p.m.
Residents from the Halifax area planning to attend are encouraged to take a bus from:
- Oddfellows Hall, Highway 333, Seabright
- Royal Canadian Legion, Highway 333, Seabright
- William Black Memorial United Church, Highway 333, Glen Margaret
- Nautel Electronics, Highway 333, Hacketts Cove
- An unmarked parking lot immediately after D&M Morash Steeplejacks, Highway 333, Hacketts Cove
Residents of Peggy's Cove, West Dover, East Dover and surrounding communities can take a bus from:
- St. James Anglican Church, Highway 333, West Dover
Please note that the Oddfellows Hall and St. James Anglican Church are departure points in addition to those announced earlier.
Members of the public should park in lots beside one of these six shuttle sites. Buses will begin leaving for East St. Margarets Elementary School at 4:30 p.m. and continue until the service begins. They will return to their departure points beginning immediately after the service.
Parking at the school and on Highway 333 within two kilometres will be restricted to authorized vehicles and those for persons with disabilities.
ngr Sept. 9, 1998 9:30 a.m.