News release

Government Approves Funding for Inverness CT Scanner

Soon, patients in Inverness will be able to get CT scans close to home.

Government has approved $1.1 million for 75 per cent of the cost of a new CT scanner and renovations to install it at Inverness Consolidated Memorial Hospital. Community fundraising will pay for the remaining 25 per cent.

"People in the Inverness area are keen to see this scanner in place, and so am I," said Health and Wellness Minister Leo Glavine. "It will be an important addition to the hospital and will ensure people in the community don't have to travel so far from home when they need a CT scan."

Staff are being trained to operate the scanner, which should be in place in about six months.

FOR BROADCAST USE:

Soon, there will be a new CT scanner at the Inverness Consolidated Memorial Hospital.

Government is investing 1-point-1 million dollars in the equipment. Staff are being trained how to use it and it should be in place in about six months.

-30-

Media Contact:

Tony Kiritsis
Cell: 483-7887 E-mail: