Emergency Health Services Employees Honoured for Decades of Service
NOTE: A list of Emergency Health Services Long Service Award recipients follows this release.
Sixty-three Emergency Health Services staff members with between 20 and 40 years' experience were recognized today, May 24, for their service.
"When Nova Scotians need urgent medical care, paramedics, nurses and medical communications officers with Emergency Health Services are there to help," said Health and Wellness Minister Leo Glavine.
"They have the training and experience to respond in emergencies and save lives. More and more, they are also working in collaborative health-care teams to improve the care we offer in communities. We are all grateful for their expertise."
During the ceremony, Kevin Davidson, a country music singer and paramedic receiving his 20-year award, performed his song When Those Sirens Are Gone.
In addition to the regular long service medals, a special long service award was presented to Carolyn Desjardins on behalf of her husband, Craig Desjardins, a regional support supervisor in the northern region of the province. Mr. Desjardins passed away suddenly last August, at age 41.
Paramedics and others who have worked for Emergency Health Services to Nova Scotians for 20 years or more are eligible for the EHS Long Service Award.
FOR BROADCAST USE:
Sixty-three Emergency Health Services staff members were recognized for their years of service today (May 24th).
The long service award is given to staff with 20 years or more of experience.
Health and Wellness Minister Leo Glavine says Emergency Health Services staff provide expert care in emergencies, and are working in teams across the province to enhance health care.
- Richard Andrews, North Sydney
- Scott Barteaux, Nictaux, Annapolis Co.
- Kenneth Caldwell, Sydney Mines
- Karen Cress, Annapolis County
- Bruce Cruickshank, Canning, Kings Co.
- Kevin Davison, New Minas, Kings Co.
- Steve DeWolfe, Dartmouth
- Alan Edmonds, Hammonds Plains
- Richard Foster, Annapolis Royal, Annapolis Co.
- Peter Fraser, St. Peter's, Richmond Co.
- Brian Harris, Sheet Harbour
- Dana Jenkins, Middle Sackville
- Perry Sidney Maxwell Kaiser, Westville, Pictou Co.
- John Kasemets, Hammonds Plains
- Jason MacDonald, East Bay, Cape Breton Regional Municipality
- John James MacIsaac, Sydney
- Jay Marshall, Bridgetown, Annapolis Co.
- Derrick McNeil, Stellarton, Pictou Co.
- Rob Merchant, Hantsport, Hants Co.
- Robert Craig Morrison, Glace Bay, Cape Breton Regional Municipality
- Christopher Renaud, Kingston, Kings Co.
- Rod Samson, Little Anse, Richmond Co.
- Daniel Vachon, Malagash, Cumberland Co.
- Scott Veinot, Middleton, Annapolis Co.
- Reginald John Wilson, Amherst, Cumberland Co.
- Heather Benvie, Liverpool, Queens Co.
- David Clarke, Inverness, Inverness Co.
- Timothy Colburn, Tatamagouche, Colchester Co.
- Greg Cook, Yarmouth
- Paul Dawson, Port Williams, Kings Co.
- Jeanette Diggdon, Middle West Pubnico, Yarmouth Co.
- Judith Dorey, Greenfield, Queens Co.
- Robert Frampton, North Brookfield, Queens Co.
- Kevin Huston, Pugwash, Cumberland Co.
- Dale Langille, Maccan, Cumberland Co.
- Wayne LeMoine, Barrington, Shelburne Co.
- Owen Lynds, Tatamagouche, Colchester Co.
- Charles MacDonald, Inverness, Inverness Co.
- Travis MacNeil, Little Bras D'Or, Cape Breton Regional Municipality
- Gordon Earl Moore, Barton, Digby Co.
- Dawn Nickerson, Fletcher's Lake, Halifax Regional Municipality
- Christa Rhynold, Guysborough County
- Darren Romkey, Lunenburg
- Wayne Ryer, Shelburne, Shelburne Co.
- Peter Simms, Hubbards, Halifax Regional Municipality
- Lilly Snook, Clark's Harbour, Shelburne Co.
- Barry Tracey, Petit De Grat, Richmond Co.
- Shawn Welsh, Dartmouth
- William Brown, Florence, Cape Breton Regional Municipality
- Brian Bunch, Wolfville, Kings Co.
- Glenn Caudle, Truro, Colchester Co.
- Joseph Gallant, New Germany, Lunenburg Co.
- Terrance Ronald Lawlor, Dartmouth
- Bruce Leaman, Liverpool, Queens Co.
- Brian MacDonald, Sydney
- Daniel Alexander MacDonald, Sydney Mines
- Stewart Buffett, Sydney
- Stephen Ellsworth Flemming, Hubbards, Halifax Regional Municipality
- William Mackeigan, Pictou
- Roger McCabe, Oxford, Cumberland Co.
- Donald Avery, Halifax
- James Gerald Dunlop, Baddeck, Victoria Co.
- William Hodgins, Lake Loon, Halifax Regional Municipality
EHS Special Long Service Award
- Craig Desjardins, River Hebert, Cumberland Co.