Fire Update, Wednesday, Aug. 17, 4 p.m.
Following is a provincial wildfire update for Wednesday, Aug. 17, 4 p.m.
- all of the wildfires received at least 35 millimetres of rain. All four remain 100 per cent contained
- the fire at Seven Mile Lake, Annapolis Co., is under control
- the fires at and Ten Mile Lake, Queens Co., Maitland Bridge, Annapolis Co. and Perch Lake, Pictou Co. are being patrolled, but there is no fire activity
- all of the wildfires will be reassessed this evening
- the section of Trunk 8 near Maitland Bridge, Annapolis Co., that has been closed since last week is now open but drivers are urged to be cautious due to emergency vehicles still along the highway
- restrictions on travel in woods have been lifted for all of Nova Scotia but people are asked to continue to avoid any activity that could potentially cause more wildfires
- campfire and brush burning in the province is now permitted today, in every county, until 8 a.m. The latest information on burning restrictions is posted daily at 2 p.m. at "http://www.novascotia.ca/burnsafe
- more information on the fires can be found at http://www.novascotia.ca/nsfire