Fires Update, Friday, Aug. 19, 10 a.m.
Following is a provincial wildfire update for Friday, Aug. 19, 10 a.m.
- the fire at Seven Mile Lake, Annapolis Co., is under control and 100 per cent contained but still has hot spots being attended to
- the fire at Ten Mile Lake, Queens Co. is now out
- the fire at Perch Lake, Pictou Co. is out
- the fire at Maitland Bridge, Annapolis Co. is out
- the section of Trunk 8 near Maitland Bridge, Annapolis Co., that was closed last week is now open
- restrictions on travel in woods have been lifted for all of Nova Scotia but people are asked to avoid any activity that could potentially cause more wildfires
- campfire and brush burning in the province is not permitted any day between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. The latest information on burning restrictions is posted daily at 2 p.m. at http://www.novascotia.ca/burnsafe
- more information on the fires can be found at http://www.novascotia.ca/nsfire
- given that three of the four remaining fires have been declared out and one is under control and being patrolled, the province will no longer be issuing regular updates