New Board Member Announced
INNOVACORP--New Board Member Announced
- ------------------------------------------------------------Innovacorp announced an addition to its board of directors today, Feb. 14.
Christopher Googoo, chief operating officer of Ulnooweg Development Group Inc., has been appointed to the board until September 2020.
“I am excited to join Innovacorp and serve the province in this capacity,” said Mr. Googoo. “I look forward to working with the rest of the board on growing our technology sector, supporting entrepreneurs and nurturing talent.”
Mr. Googoo is a member of the We’koqma’q First Nation, living in Millbrook with his wife and three children. Since joining Ulnooweg Development Group in 2000, he has helped hundreds of Aboriginal entrepreneurs secure loans and access business services. Mr. Googoo also co-led the development of the Nova Scotia Mi’kmaq Economic Development Strategy and played a key role in bringing the CanCode initiative to Mi’kmaq communities across Nova Scotia.
“I want to congratulate Mr. Googoo on his appointment to Innovacorp’s board of directors,” said Geoff MacLellan, Minister of Business. “Mr. Googoo’s excellent record of helping Aboriginal entrepreneurs launch and grow businesses will help Innovacorp continue to foster economic growth and create opportunities for Nova Scotians.”
As of February, the members of Innovacorp’s board of directors are:
- Chair, Rodney Burgar, president and CEO, Accelerator Inc.
- Richard Florizone, president, Dalhousie University
- Christopher GooGoo, chief operating officer, Ulnooweg Development Group Inc.
- Bill Gullage, president, W. R. Gullage Consulting Inc.
- Chris Huskilson, president and CEO, Emera Inc.
- Susan McIsaac, managing partner, McIsaac Darragh Chartered Accountants
- Dawn Umlah, chief operating officer, Spring Loaded Technology
- David Wilson, president, Wilsons Security.
Innovacorp is Nova Scotia's early stage venture capital organization. It works to find, fund and foster innovative Nova Scotia startups that strive to change the world.
Early stage investment is at the core of Innovacorp’s business model. It also gives entrepreneurs access to world-class incubation facilities, expert advice and other support to help them accelerate their companies. Target industries include information technology, life sciences, clean technology and ocean technology.
FOR BROADCAST USE:
Innovacorp announced an addition to its board of directors today, (February 14th).
Christopher Googoo, chief operating office of Ulnooweg (Ul-noo-wegg) Development Group and a resident of Millbrook, has been appointed to the board until September, 2020.
Mr. Googoo says he looks forward to working with the rest of the board on growing Nova Scotia’s technology sector, supporting entrepreneurs and nurturing talent.
Innovacorp is Nova Scotia's early stage venture capital organization.