2019 Order of Nova Scotia Recipients Announced
NOTE: Biographies and photos of the recipients are available at https://novascotia.ca/orderofnovascotia.
Five trailblazing Nova Scotians who have made outstanding contributions to their province will be invested into the Order of Nova Scotia.
Lt.-Gov. Arthur J. LeBlanc, Chancellor of the Order of Nova Scotia, made the announcement today, Nov. 1.
“As the Queen’s representative in this province and as Chancellor of the Order of Nova Scotia, it is my honour and great pleasure to welcome and invest the newest appointees to the Order,” said Lt.-Gov. LeBlanc. “These five outstanding Nova Scotians have worked hard to improve the lives of all our citizens through their exemplary dedication and commitment.”
The 2019 recipients of the Order of Nova Scotia are:
- Elizabeth Cromwell (posthumous), Birchtown, Shelburne Co.
- Francis Dorrington, New Glasgow
- Dr. Noni MacDonald, Halifax
- Ann MacLean, Ingonish Beach
- David McKeage (posthumous), Halifax
The 2019 recipients will be recognized at the 18th investiture ceremony on Nov. 26, at Province House in Halifax.
- the Order of Nova Scotia is the highest honour of the Province of Nova Scotia, recognizing those who have distinguished themselves in many fields of endeavour and have brought honour and prestige to themselves and their province
- 99 recipients have been invested into the Order of Nova Scotia since it was established in June 2001
- 106 eligible nominations were received this year
- recipients from the eligible nominees are recommended by an independent advisory council to the Chancellor of the Order of Nova Scotia
Order of Nova Scotia: https://novascotia.ca/orderofnovascotia