Highway 102 Weekend Closure
Motorists travelling on Highway 102 in Halifax Regional Municipality will be required to detour this weekend as the old Highway 103 overpass is demolished as part of upgrades to the Highway 102/103 interchange.
Beginning at 10 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 6, motorists traveling northbound on Highway 102 will be required to detour at Exit 1D to Dunbrack Street. Motorists travelling southbound will be required to detour at Exit 1A to Highway 103 westbound.
Signs will be in place to note the detours in both directions. Highway 102 will reopen by 10 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 8. The full Highway 102/103 interchange project is expected to be complete in late December.
- construction began in spring 2018
- the existing interchange was built in 1963
- the new structure has been designed to last over 75 years
- in October, a new ramp and overpass opened as part of upgrades to the Highway 102/103 interchange
- the interchange experiences average annual daily traffic of about 30,000 vehicles per day on Highway 103 and 55,000 vehicles per day on Highway 102
For photos of the Highway 102/103 Interchange Upgrade and Structure Replacement visit: https://www.novascotia.ca/news/Photos/2019/10/10/