Nominations Now Open for Provincial Volunteer Awards
NOTE: Photo of last year’s Family Volunteer Award winners: https://novascotia.ca/news/photos/2021/01/14/
Nova Scotians who want to recognize outstanding volunteers can now nominate people for the 47th Provincial Volunteer Awards.
Every year to mark National Volunteer Week, Nova Scotia celebrates volunteers nominated by organizations and communities through the awards.
“We’re surrounded by people who act with compassion and goodwill towards others,” said Suzanne Lohnes-Croft, Minister of Communities, Culture and Heritage. “The annual Provincial Volunteer Awards are our way of saying thank you to the many exceptional volunteers of all ages who lift up the lives of others and contribute to life in our communities. Their work is truly inspiring.”
The awards recognize Nova Scotians who are driving positive change and inspiring others in their communities. This year’s awards will be broadcast live online on Monday, April 26.
Nominations for the Youth Volunteer Award, Family Volunteer Award and the recently created Nova Scotia Strong Award, recognizing resilience during a time of tragedy or struggle, can be submitted online.
Nominations for the Provincial Volunteer Award can be made through municipal or Mi’kmaw community contacts.
All forms and contacts are available at: http://novascotia.ca/NonProfitSector/ProvincialVolunteerAwards/
- nominations close March 1
- a Provincial Volunteer Award may be awarded from each municipality and Mi’kmaw community
- three special additional award categories – the Youth Volunteer Award, Family Volunteer Award and Nova Scotia Strong Award – are administered by a citizens’ panel
- National Volunteer Week runs from April 18 to 24 this year
- Nova Scotians contribute 140 million hours a year to volunteering
- volunteers contribute nearly $2 billion worth of services to the Nova Scotia economy
Community contacts for Provincial Volunteer Award: