Nova Scotians can now add COVID-19 vaccines that they received outside the province or through a workplace vaccination program to their Nova Scotia proof of vaccination.
The opportunity is available to:
- permanent residents of Nova Scotia who received one or both doses in another province, territory or country
- permanent residents who received one or both doses in a workplace vaccination program, such as members of the Canadian Armed Forces
- anyone who received at least one dose of vaccine in Nova Scotia
Having a Nova Scotia proof of vaccination is not required for everyone. Original records from the place where people were vaccinated are acceptable. However, the standard Nova Scotia format is preferred for eligible people because it is easier for businesses and organizations to review in places where proof of full vaccination is required to participate in events and activities.
People who are eligible can submit the following information to https://novascotia.ca/vaccineentry :
- official proof of vaccination for each dose received from another province, territory, state or country
- health card number
- government-issued identification
Official proof of vaccination must be issued by the government or organization that administered the vaccine. It should show the name of the government or the name and civic address of the organization. It should also include the name of the vaccine received and the vaccination date.
It will take up to three weeks for eligible people to get their updated proof of vaccination because the information must be verified. It may take longer if more information is required.
People who are not permanent residents of Nova Scotia and received both doses of vaccine outside the province cannot transfer their records into the Nova Scotia proof of vaccination. This includes visitors, out-of-province students and people who are working here temporarily.
Nova Scotia’s COVID-19 website: https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/
Nova Scotia’s proof-of-vaccination web page: https://novascotia.ca/coronavirus/proof-of-full-vaccination-policy/
Nova Scotians can access their proof-of-vaccination record here: https://novascotia.flow.canimmunize.ca/en/portal