Cattle Industry Enhancement Program
The Cattle Industry Enhancement program seeks to improve industry competitiveness and resilience through disease prevention and control, enhancing animal health and welfare, and improving genetic potential.
A Nova Scotia farm that:
- is currently and properly registered in the correct income category under the Farm Registration Act
- has generated an annual eligible gross commodity income of $30,000
- has a valid Premises Identification
- has completed a recognized humane handling course
- is currently in good standing with the Nova Scotia Cattle Producers (NSCP) Licensing and Levy requirements, under the Natural Products Act
The person submitting the application must be at least 19 years old.
Check the Program Guidelines for detailed eligibility.
Deadline or important dates
Program Opening: 1 September 2020
Application Deadline: 31 December 2020
Claim Deadline: 1 March 2021
How to Apply
Complete and submit the application form to the Programs & Business Risk Management office. Be sure to include all required supporting documentation.
If you’re new to agriculture funding programs since 2018, you need to complete the Program Funding Registration Form. If you’re a returning client and any of your information has changed, use the form to update it.
Program Guidelines, Application Form and Program Funding Registration Form are available in the Downloads section.
Agriculture – Programs and Business Risk Management Division
74 Research Dr.
Bible Hill, NS
Phone: 902 893-6377
Toll-free: 1 866 844-4276
Fax: 902 893-7579