Cattle and Sheep Industry Development Program
The Cattle and Sheep Industry Development program provides funding for producers to invest in livestock. The program helps to address tight cash flow when increasing livestock numbers, and seeks to improve industry competitiveness and resilience.
To be eligible, you must:
- be currently and properly registered in the correct income category under the Farm Registration Act
- generate annual eligible gross commodity income of $30,000
- be in good standing with Sheep Producers Association of Nova Scotia, designated under the Agriculture and Marketing Act, and/or the Nova Scotia Cattle Producers Licensing and Levy requirements under the Natural Products Act
- be at least 19 years old
- have a valid Premises Identification
- be enrolled in a herd or flock health program
- have completed a recognized humane handling course
Please refer to the Program Guidelines for detailed eligibility.
Deadline or important dates
Program opening: 1 April, 2022
Application deadline: 31 December, 2022
How to apply
Applications are closed.
Agriculture – Programs Division
74 Research Dr.
Bible Hill, NS B6L 2R2