Cattle and Sheep Industry Development Program
The Cattle and Sheep Industry Development program seeks to improve industry competitiveness and resilience by providing funding assistance which gives producers the opportunity to make investments that increase livestock numbers. The program helps to address tight cash flow when livestock numbers are increasing.
To be eligible, you must:
- Currently and properly registered in the correct income category under the Farm Registration Act;
- Generated annual eligible gross commodity income of $30,000
- Currently in good standing with Sheep Producers Association of Nova Scotia (“SPANS”), designated under the Agriculture and Marketing Act; and or the Nova Scotia Cattle Producers (“NSCP”) Licensing and Levy requirements under the Natural Products Act;
- Is at least 19 years of age
- has a valid Premises Identification;
- be enrolled in a herd/flock health program
- completed a recognized humane handling course
Please refer to the Program Guidelines for detailed eligibility.
Deadline or important dates
Program Opening: 1 April, 2021
Application Deadline: 28 February, 2022
How to Apply
Complete the Cattle and Sheep Industry Development Application Form and submit to the Programs and Business Risk Management office with all related material per the guidelines.
Clients new to programs since 2018 must complete the Program Funding Registration (PFR) form. Returning clients to update PFR form as necessary.
The Program Guidelines, Application Form and Program Funding Registration Form are available in the “Downloads” section.
Aquaculture – Programs and Business Risk Management Division
74 Research Dr.
Bible Hill, NS B6L 2R2
Phone: 902 893-6377
Toll-free: 1 866 844-4276
Fax: 902 893-7579