Sheep Industry Enhancement Program
The Sheep Industry Enhancement program seeks to improve industry competitiveness and resilience through:
- disease prevention and control;
- enhancing animal health and welfare; and
- improving genetic potential
A Nova Scotia Farm that:
- is currently and properly registered in the correct income category under the Farm Registration Act
- has generated an annual eligible gross commodity income of $30,000
- is run by a farmer who is at least 19 years of age;
- has a valid Premises Identification;
- has completed a recognized humane handling course; and
- is currently in good standing with Sheep Producers Association of Nova Scotia (“SPANS”), designated under the Agriculture and Marketing Act
Please refer to the Program Guidelines for detailed eligibility.
Deadline or important dates
Program Opening: 15 July 2020
Application Deadline: 30 November 2020
Claim Deadline: 1 March 2021
For more details on important deadlines see the Program Guidelines.
How to Apply
Complete and submit the application along with all required supporting documents to the Programs & Business Risk Management office.
Clients new to programs since 2018 must complete the Program Funding Registration (PFR) Form. Returning clients to update PFR form as necessary.
Program guidelines and application are available in the Downloads section.
Agriculture – Programs and Business Risk Management Division
74 Research Dr.
Bible Hill, NS B6L 2R2
Phone: 902 893-6377
Toll-free: 1 866 844-4276
Fax: 902 893-7579