Agriculture and Renewable Energy
Classroom resources to support curriculum outcomes related to renewable energy for Grade 6 Science and Math teachers, using biogas as an example.
Learners explore the topic of renewable energy with a focus on agriculture and biogas with this grade 6 lesson plan. Background information on renewable energy is provided with details on how biodigesters operate on farms. Teachers are provided with a simple, experiment that can be done as a class or individually by each learner.
Agriculture and Renewable Energy Program provides:
- lesson plan with curriculum connections to grade 6 science and math, background information, guiding questions and a list of online resources
- simple and fun experiment that can be done as a class or individually by learners
- staff support to answer questions
Teachers should take into consideration:
- The experiment materials are not provided (however they are low cost)
Grade 6 science and math teachers in Nova Scotia public schools are eligible to apply. Private schools will be accepted based on resource availability.
How to apply
- Determine if the Agriculture and Renewable Energy Program is a good fit for your classroom.
- Complete the application form.
- The Department of Agriculture will review all applications.
- Teachers will be contacted and sent the lesson plan by e-mail.
How long it takes
Teachers will be notified within 5 business days that their application has been received and will be provided with the lesson plan by e-mail.
There is no cost to participate in this program.
Before you apply
Make sure your school principal is aware of your intention to apply to the program and supports your participation.
Other ways to apply
If you are unable to apply online, contact the Agricultural Education office at 902-893-6575 or email@example.com
Agricultural Education Office
74 Research Dr.
Bible Hill, NS B6L 2R2