Business Advisory Services Program 2020-2021
The Business Advisory Services Program aims to enhance the ability of Nova Scotia farms and agri-businesses to be more competitive, manage transition, develop risk management strategies and respond to change. The business advisory services offered under this program will enable the agriculture sector to be proactive in business development decisions.
A farm that:
- that has a current Farm Registration
- applicant is at least 19 years old
- reports farming income & expenses that show gross commodity income of at least $30,000.
An agri-business or industry association that:
- represents identifiable Nova Scotia agriculture and agri-food products
- reports a gross income of $30,000, or for industry association, demonstrates a not-for-profit status.
- for agri-business, conducts value-added processing of a raw N.S. agriculture product, with a direct partnership & significant economic impact to the N.S. agricultural industry.
Please refer to the Program Guidelines for detailed eligibility.
Deadline or important dates
Program Opening: February 1, 2020
Application Deadline: December 31, 2020
Claim Deadline: March 1, 2021
How to Apply
Complete and submit the Business Advisory Services application to the Programs & Business Risk Management office.
Clients new to programs since 2018 must complete the Program Funding Registration (PFR) Form. Returning clients to update PFR form as necessary.
Program guidelines and application are available in the “Downloads” section.
Agriculture – Programs and Business Risk Management Division
74 Research Dr.
Bible Hill, NS B6L 2R2
Phone: 902 893-6377
Toll-free: 1 866 844-4276
Fax: 902 893-7579
Program Funding Registration Form for Farm Business
Program Registration Form for Agri-Business
Program Registration Form for Industry Organizations/Associations, Educational/Research Institutions and Government Agencies