Buy Local Partnership Program 2020-2021
The Buy Local Partnership Program helps agriculture and agri-food industries conduct marketing initiatives, focused on local markets.
This program will help the agriculture and agri-food industries meet the criteria to join local marketing initiatives like Taste of Nova Scotia and other similar initiatives. It also helps them expand their current established market share and foster local economic growth.
To apply as a farm, you must:
- be at least 19 years of age
- have a farm with a current Farm Registration
- report farming income & expenses that show gross commodity income of at least $30,000
To apply as an agri-business, seafood distributor or agricultural industry association, your business or association must:
- represent identifiable Nova Scotia agriculture and agri-food products
- reports a gross income of $30,000 (demonstrate not-for-profit status, for an industry association)
- for agri-business, conduct value-added processing of a raw Nova Scotia agriculture product, with a direct partnership and significant economic impact to the Nova Scotia primary agricultural industry.
Read the Program Guidelines for full eligibility details.
Deadline or important dates
Program Opening: June 1, 2020
Application Deadline: December 31, 2020
Claim Deadline: March 1, 2021
How to Apply
Complete the program application and submit it by mail, email or fax to the Programs and Business Risk Management office.
If you’re new to agriculture funding programs since 2018, you need to complete the Program Funding Registration Form. If you’re a returning client and any of your information has changed, use the form to update it.
Program Guidelines, Application Form and Program Funding Registration Forms are available in the “Downloads” section.
Agriculture – Programs and Business Risk Management Division
74 Research Dr.
Bible Hill, NS B6L 2R2
Phone: 902 893-6377
Toll-free: 1 866 844-4276
Fax: 902 893-7579
Program Funding Registration Form - Farm
Program Funding Registration Form - Agri-business
Program Funding Registration Form - Organizations / Associations / Education & Research Institutions / Government Agencies