Buy Local Partnership Program
The Buy Local Partnership Program helps the agriculture and agri-food industries to conduct marketing initiatives focused on local markets. This program helps businesses in the agriculture and agri-food industries meet the criteria for local marketing initiatives (like Taste of Nova Scotia), while expanding their current established market share and fostering local economic growth.
To be eligible, you must:
- have a current farm registration
- be at least 19 years old
- report farming income and expenses that show gross commodity income of at least $30,000
Or, you must be an agri-business or industry association that:
- represents identifiable Nova Scotia agriculture and agri-food products
- reports a gross income of $30,000, or demonstrates a not-for-profit status
- conducts value-added processing of a raw Nova Scotia agriculture product, with a direct partnership with and significant economic impact to the Nova Scotia agricultural industry (applicable to agri-businesses only)
Deadline or important dates
Program opening: 1 April, 2022
Application deadline: 30 September, 2022
Claim deadline: 31 December, 2022
How to apply
Complete the application and submit it to the Programs Division office.If you're new to agriculture funding programs since 2018, you also need to complete the Program Funding Registration form. If you're a returning client, you can use the form to update your information.
Program Guidelines, Application Form and Program Funding Registration Forms are available in the "Downloads" section.
Agriculture – Programs Division
74 Research Dr.
Bible Hill, NS B6L 2R2