Buy Local Partnership Program
The Buy Local Partnership Program helps the agriculture and agri-food industries conduct marketing initiatives focused on local markets. It helps them meet the criteria to join local marketing initiatives like Taste of Nova Scotia and expand their current market share.
To apply as a farm, you must:
- have a current Farm Registration
- be at least 19 years old
- reports farming income and expenses that show gross commodity income of at least $30,000
To apply as an agri-business, seafood distributor or agricultural industry association, you must:
- represent identifiable Nova Scotia agriculture and agri-food products
- report a gross income of $30,000 (for a business), or demonstrate your not-for-profit status (for an association)
- for agri-business, conduct value-added processing of a raw Nova Scotia agriculture product, with a direct partnership and significant economic impact to the Nova Scotia primary agricultural industry
Read the Program Guidelines for detailed eligibility criteria.
Deadline or important dates
Program opens: 1 April 2021
Application deadline: December 31, 2021
Claim deadline: March 1, 2022
How to Apply
Complete the Buy Local Partnership Program Application and submit it to the Programs and Business Risk Management office.
If you’re new to agriculture funding programs since 2018, you also need to complete the Program Funding Registration Form. If you’re a returning client, you can use the form to update your information.
Program Guidelines, Application Form and Program Funding Registration Forms are available in the “Downloads” section.
Agriculture – Programs and Business Risk Management Division
74 Research Dr.
Bible Hill, NS B6L 2R2
Phone: 902 893-6377
Toll-free: 1 866 844-4276
Fax: 902 893-7579
Program Funding Registration Form - Farm
Program Funding Registration Form - Agri-business
Program Funding Registration Form - Organizations / Associations / Education & Research Institutions / Government Agencies