Market Expansion and Export Readiness Program 2019-2020
The objective of the program is to encourage the agriculture, agri-food industries to expand their current established market share and foster economic growth.
A farm that:
- Has a current Farm Registration
- Is at least 19 years of age
- Reports farming income & expenses that show income of at least $30,000.
An Agriculture Industry Association that:
An Agri-Business or Seafood Distributer that:
- Reports a gross income of at least $30,000;
- Conducts value-added processing of a raw N.S. agriculture product, with a direct partnership & significant economic impact to the N.S. agricultural industry; or
- Exports seafood internationally.
Please refer to the Program Guidelines for detailed eligibility.
Deadline or important dates
Program Opening: February 1, 2019
Letter of Intent Due: April 1, 2019
Claim Deadline: March 1, 2020
How to Apply
Complete the Letter of Intent (LOI) Application to the Program & Business Risk Management office.
The LOI is to be submitted for consideration and if selected, a full proposal will be requested.
Clients new to programs since 2019 must complete the Program Funding Registration (PFR) form. Returning clients to update PFR form as necessary.
Program guidelines and application are available in the “Downloads” section.
If invited for a full proposal, a template for the proposal will be provided.
Agriculture – Programs and Business Risk Management Division
74 Research Dr.
Bible Hill, NS B6L 2R2
Phone: 902 893-6377
Toll-free: 1 866 844-4276
Fax: 902 893-7579
Program Registration Form for Farm Business
Program Registration Form for Agri-Business
Program Registration Form for Industry Organizations/Associations, Educational/Research Institutions and Government Agencies