Market Expansion and Export Readiness Program
The Market Expansion and Export Readiness Program encourages the agriculture, agri-food and seafood industries to expand their current established market share and foster economic growth.
To be eligible, you must:
- have a current farm registration
- be at least 19 years old
- report farming income and expenses that show gross commodity income of at least $30,000
- demonstrate financial ability to complete the project
- be export-ready and capable of servicing markets outside of Nova Scotia
Or, you must be an agri-business, agriculture industry association, agri-food processor or seafood distributor that:
- represents identifiable Nova Scotia agriculture and agri-food products
- reports a gross income of $30,000, or demonstrates a not-for-profit status
- conducts value-added processing of a raw Nova Scotia agriculture product, with a direct partnership with and significant economic impact to the Nova Scotia agricultural industry
- demonstrates financial ability to complete the project
- is export-ready and capable or servicing markets outside of Nova Scotia
Deadline or important dates
1 April, 2022 – 30 June, 2022
1 July, 2022 – 30 September, 2022
How to apply
Complete the application and submit it to the Programs Division office.
If you're new to agriculture funding programs since 2018, you also need to complete the Program Funding Registration form. If you're a returning client, you can use the form to update your information.
Program Guidelines, Application and Program Funding Registration Forms are available in the "Downloads" section.
Agriculture – Programs Division
74 Research Dr.
Bible Hill, NS B6L 2R2