Missions and Investigative Travel Program
The intent of the Missions and Investigative Travel program is to support efforts outside of the Maritimes, for accessing new and emerging markets, expanding existing markets and building capacity to develop markets; and assist in the acquisition, adaptation and installation of new automated processes and equipment that will improve productivity, competitiveness and profitability for innovative farm technologies.
A farm that:
- Has a current Farm Registration
- Is at least 19 years of age
- Reports farming income & expenses that show gross commodity income of at least $30,000
An Agri-business or Agriculture Industry Association that:
- Represents identifiable N.S. agriculture & agri-food product(s)
- Generates an annual gross income of $30,000 or demonstrates a not-for-profit status
- Conducts value-added processing of a raw N.S. agriculture product, with a direct partnership & significant economic impact to the N.S. primary agricultural industry
Please refer to the Program Guidelines for detailed eligibility.
Deadline or important dates
Program Opening: April 1, 2021
Application Due: December 31, 2021
Claim Deadline: March 1, 2022
How to Apply
Complete and submit the Application Form to the Programs & Business Risk Management office.
Clients new to programs since 2018 must complete the Program Funding Registration (PFR) Form. Returning clients are to update their PFR Form as necessary
Program Guidelines, Application Form and Program Funding Registration Forms are available in the “Downloads” section.
Agriculture – Programs and Business Risk Management Division
74 Research Dr.
Bible Hill, NS B6L 2R2
Phone: 902 893-6377
Toll-free: 1 866 844-4276
Fax: 902 893-7579