Missions and Investigative Travel Program 2019-2020
The intent of the Missions and Investigative Travel program is to support the agriculture and agri-food industries’ efforts to explore and investigate new market opportunities and innovative farm technologies.
A farm that:
- Has a current Farm Registration
- Is at least 19 years of age
- Reports farming income & expenses that show income of at least $30,000.
An agri-business or industry association that:
- Reports a gross income of $30,000 or demonstrates a not-for-profit status (Industry Association).
- Conducts value-added processing of a raw N.S. agriculture product, with a direct partnership & significant economic impact to the N.S. agricultural industry.
Please refer to the Program Guidelines for detailed eligibility.
Deadline or important dates
Spring intake open: February 1, 2019
Spring intake deadline: July 31, 2019
Spring claim deadline: August 31, 2019
Fall intake open: August 1, 2019
Fall intake deadline: December 31, 2019
Fall claim deadline: March 1, 2020
How to Apply
Complete the Missions and Investigative Travel application and submit to the Programs and Business Risk Management office. Forms are available on-line or at your regional office.
Clients new to programs since 2019 must complete the Program Funding Registration (PFR) form. Returning clients to update PFR form as necessary.
Program guidelines and application are available in the “Downloads” section.
Agriculture – Programs and Business Risk Management Division
74 Research Dr.
Bible Hill, NS B6L 2R2
Phone: 902 893-6377
Toll-free: 1 866 844-4276
Fax: 902 893-7579
Program Registration Form for Farm Business
Program Registration Form for Agri-Business
Program Registration Form for Industry Organizations/Associations, Educational/Research Institutions and Government Agencies