On-farm Industry Preparedness Program
The On-farm Industry Preparedness Program supports primary producers with water management activities, creating greater resilience against ongoing climate events.
To be eligible, you must be a farm or Mi'kmaq conducting farming activities in a Mi'kmaw community.
For farms, you need to:
- be currently and properly registered in the correct income category under the Farm Registration Act
- have generated an annual eligible gross commodity income of at least $30,000
- be at least 19 years old and actively farming in the program year
- have a Premise ID, if you're a livestock producer
- have the Parcel Identification Number (PID) for your project location
Refer to the Program Guidelines for detailed eligibility.
Deadline or important dates
Program opening: 14 April 2023
Application deadline: 31 December 2023
Claim deadline: 29 February 2024
How to apply
Complete the Program Application Form (make sure to check the application for details on all required supporting documents). Send your completed application and supporting documents to the Programs Division office.
You also need to complete the Program Funding Registration Form.
Department of Agriculture
74 Research Drive
Bible Hill, NS B6L 2R2