Agriculture On-Farm Student Bursary Program
The Agriculture On-Farm Student Bursary program aims to:
- help address the labour gap for primary agriculture producers in Nova Scotia; and
- introduce agriculture to students as a viable career option
An eligible applicant is a student that:
- is a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada;
- is a resident of Nova Scotia;
- is enrolled in a post-secondary institution in September (of the program year); and
- is employed by a Nova Scotia registered farm guaranteeing a minimum work term of 250 to 500 hours between May 1st to the end of the 1st week in September.
Please refer to the Program Guidelines for detailed eligibility.
Program Opening: September 1, 2020
Application Deadline: November 30, 2020
Eligible On-Farm Employment Period:
May 1st to the end of the 1st week of September
How to Apply
- Complete and submit the Application Form to the Programs & Business Risk Management office.
- Attach proof of enrollment in school
- Attach copies of Record of Employment (ROE)
Agriculture – Programs and Business Risk Management Division
74 Research Dr.
Bible Hill, NS B6L 2R2
Phone: 902 893-6377
Toll-free: 1 866 844-4276
Fax: 902 893-7579