The Agriculture On-Farm Student Bursary program aims to:
- help address the labour gap for primary agriculture producers in Nova Scotia; and
- introduce agriculture to students as a viable career option
An eligible applicant is a student that:
- is a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada;
- is a resident of Nova Scotia;
- is enrolled in a post-secondary institution in September (of the program year); and
- is employed by a Nova Scotia registered farm guaranteeing a minimum work term of 250 to 500 hours between May 1st to the end of the 1st week in September.
Students who work at least 250 hours can qualify for a $500 bursary. Students who work at least 500 hours can qualify for a $1000 bursary.
Bursaries are additional to wages paid by the employer.
Please refer to the Program Guidelines for detailed eligibility.
Program Opening: September 1, 2020
Application Deadline: November 30, 2020
Eligible On-Farm Employment Period:
May 1st to the end of the 1st week of September
For more details on important deadlines see the Program Guidelines.
How to Apply
- Complete and submit the Application Form to the Programs & Business Risk Management office.
- Attach proof of enrollment in school
- Attach copies of Record of Employment (ROE)
Agriculture – Programs and Business Risk Management Division
74 Research Dr.
Bible Hill, NS B6L 2R2
Phone: 902 893-6377
Toll-free: 1 866 844-4276
Fax: 902 893-7579