Soil and Water Sustainability Program
The Soil and Water Sustainability Program helps farmers to mitigate on-farm environmental risk for soil and water as identified in their individual Environmental Farm Plans that accelerate environmental farm stewardship in Nova Scotia.
You can apply if you:
- are at least 19 years old
- have a farm with a current farm registration
- report farming income and expenses showing gross commodity income of at least $30,000
- You need to have a complete and current (within the last 5 years) Environmental Farm Plan.
Deadline or important dates
There are 2 intake periods for applications:
Program opening: 1 April, 2021
Application deadline: 31 May, 2021
Claim deadline: 31 August, 2021
Program opening: 15 August, 2021
Application deadline: 15 October, 2021
Claim deadline: 31 January, 2022
For more details on important deadlines see the Program Guidelines.
How to Apply
- Read the program guidelines.
- Complete the application form and submit it to the Programs & Business Risk Management office.
If you’re new to agriculture funding programs since 2018, you also need to complete the Program Funding Registration Form. Returning clients can use the form to update their information if any of it has changed.
Program Guidelines, Application Form and Program Funding Registration Forms are available in the "Downloads" section.
Agriculture – Programs and Business Risk Management Division
74 Research Dr.
Bible Hill, NS B6L 2R2