Technologies for Value-Added Agriculture Program
The Technologies for Value-Added Agriculture program supports agricultural producers and processors seeking to advance their operations through innovation, efficiency and quality improvements. This program is designed to help increase the competitiveness and profitability of Nova Scotia’s agriculture sector by supporting the production efficiency of value-added agri-products.
Farms and agri-businesses can apply.
To apply as a farm, you must:
- have a current Farm Registration
- be at least 19 years of age
- report farming income & expenses that show gross commodity income of at least $30,000
To apply as an agri-business, you must:
- report a gross income of at least $30,000
- conduct value-added processing of a raw Nova Scotia agriculture product, with a direct partnership and significant economic impact to the Nova Scotia agricultural industry
For more detailed information about eligibility, read the program guidelines.
Deadline or important dates
Program Opening: 1 February 2020
Letter of Intent Due: 1 April 2020
Claim Deadline: 1 March 2021
How to Apply
Complete and submit the Application Form to the Programs & Business Risk Management office.
If you’re new to Department of Agriculture funding programs (since 2018) you must also complete the Program Funding Registration (PFR) Form. Returning clients should update their PFR Form if necessary.
Program Guidelines, Application Form and Program Funding Registration Forms are available in the “Downloads” section.
Agriculture – Programs and Business Risk Management Division
74 Research Dr.
Bible Hill, NS B6L 2R2
Phone: 902 893-6377
Toll-free: 1 866 844-4276
Fax: 902 893-7579