Technologies for Value-Added Agriculture Program
The objective of the Technologies for Value-Added Agriculture program is to support agricultural producers and processors who seek to advance their operations through innovation, efficiency and quality improvements. This program is designed to assist with increasing the competitiveness and profitability of Nova Scotia’s agriculture sector by supporting the production efficiency of value-added agri-products.
Farms and agri-businesses can apply.
To apply as a farm, you must:
- have a current Farm Registration
- be at least 19 years of age
- report farming income & expenses that show gross commodity income of at least $30,000
To apply as an agri-business, you must:
- report a gross income of at least $30,000
- conduct value-added processing of a raw Nova Scotia agriculture product, with a direct partnership and significant economic impact to the Nova Scotia agricultural industry
For more detailed information about eligibility, read the program guidelines.
Deadline or important dates
Program Opening: 1 February 2022
Application Due: 1 April 2022
Claim Deadline: 1 March 2023
How to Apply
Complete and submit the Application Form to the Programs Division office.
Clients new to Programs since 2018 must complete the Program Funding Registration (PFR) Form. Returning clients are to update their PFR Form as necessary.
Program Guidelines, Application Form and Program Funding Registration Forms are available in the “Downloads” section.
Agriculture – Programs Division
74 Research Dr.
Bible Hill, NS B6L 2R2
Fax: 902 893-7579