Traceability Pilot Project Program 2017-2018
The objectives of the program are to encourage the implementation of traceability activities and technology in order to meet requirements for regulations or quality programs, or to enhance market access opportunities. These projects may serve to introduce or enhance traceability activities in crop, livestock, or aquaculture industries and will be tied to allied sectors such as slaughter, seafood harvesting, processing facilities, exhibition sites, markets, sales and distribution facilities, and transporters.
Eligible applicants include:
- provincial agriculture commodity groups,
- accredited fish harvesting groups/associations, and
- private or public businesses with written support of a commodity group or association, including licensed fish buying and processing facilities and associations and licensed aquaculturalists and aquaculture associations.
- Program Opening: May 1, 2017
- Program Closing: December 31, 2017
- Claim deadline: March 1, 2018
How to Apply
The Traceability Pilot Project Application Form and is available online or at your regional office.
Department of Agriculture
Programs and Business Risk Management Division
74 Research Dr
Bible Hill, NS
Phone: 902-893-6377 or