- Try to avoid working alone after hours.
- If you must work alone make arrangements for someone to walk you to your car or bus stop or take a taxi to
your car or bus stop.
- Call home periodically, and before leaving work, so that someone knows when to expect you.
- Let security know you are working, tell them when you expect to leave.
- While another co-worker is present, check that all doors are locked and make sure that washrooms and storage
rooms are empty.
- If you suspect someone is lurking outside, call police or security officers.
- If you enter a washroom and you suspect there may be someone in there, don't call out. Back out, go to a
safe area with a lockable door and phone for help. Plan for safe places.