- Trust your instincts. If somebody you work with makes you uncomfortable, discuss the situation with a co-worker you trust and plan your response to potential problems.
- Use assertive behavior with co-workers who are a threat.
- If you feel you are being sexually harassed, take action. You have the right to feel comfortable in your workplace.
- If you feel threatened, make a scene, yell.
- When you enter an office or meeting place alone, be aware of your surroundings.
- If you must meet new work contacts out of the workplace, meet at a public place. Keep personal information private.
- Avoid having new work contacts walk you to the car or escort you to your hotel room.