Are you a new or existing business that needs help navigating provincial regulations? Call us today!
Our Business Navigators can give you personalized and timely help with regulation and requirements, including registration, permit and licences. They can help free up your time so you can focus on your job: building a successful business.
Nova Scotia’s business navigators help business owners with business needs such as:
- Registering a business
- Determining what permits and licenses are required to operate a business
- Understanding applicable inspection requirements
- Finding resources to assist with financing, taxes, staffing and other needs
How it works
When you contact us, a Business Navigator will guide you through the steps to get your business up and running.
Our Starter Guides explain the process for opening some types of businesses.
- Accommodations and Campground Starter Guide
- Automotive Repair Garage Starter Guide
- Construction Starter Guide
- Convenience Store Starter Guide
- Farming Starter Guide
- Food Establishment Starter Guide and Inspection Guide for Food Establishments
- Home Prepared Low Risk Baked Goods Fact Sheet
- Meat Plant Starter Guide
- Micro Brewery Starter Guide
- Mobile Food Starter Guide
If your business type isn't listed, or if you have more questions, contact us for personalized help.
Who we are
Our Business Navigators (L-R): Evangeline, Andre and Ann
Meet our Business Navigators who are here to help take some work off a business owner's plate so they can focus on the work only they can do: building a successful business.
Evangeline (Vange) has extensive experience in building strong, personal client relationships due to her previous senior leadership roles in customer service supporting businesses and enterprise client management. Vange’s experience includes developing and managing client relationships at all levels in both the private and public sectors.
Andre has spent most her career in senior sales roles successfully leading Nova Scotia-based small and medium business sector sales teams in the highly competitive private sector, where positive customer service experiences are critical to sales success.
Ann has many years of experience working in customer contact centres for large private-sector organizations based in Nova Scotia. She has closely managed, coached and mentored numerous call centre agents to deliver an exceptional customer service experience on every service or sales call.