Government of Nova
novascotia.caGovernment of Nova Scotia Nova Scotia, Canada
Access Nova Scotia
Text Size:  A+ A-

Find an office

Click on the map to find an office location near you.

Trouvez un bureau

Take me there

Registering a Judgment

So you have gone to court and you have a Judgment – now what? The rules and procedures for registering judgments in the Personal Property Registry (PPR) and the Judgment Roll can be complex and confusing.

The Land Registration Act (LRA), establishes how individuals and institutions can record a judgment against real property (land, houses, condominiums etc.) in Nova Scotia.

The Personal Property Security Act (PPSA) establishes how individuals and institutions can record a notice of judgment against personal property (cars, boats, appliances, bank accounts, etc.) in Nova Scotia.