This branch has four divisions; In-Person Services, Contact Centre and Collections, Digital Services and Customer/Client Relations and Support, and is responsible for delivering programs and services to Nova Scotians through three main service channels with a high level of customer satisfaction, and implementing integrated customer-oriented services that make it easier for clients to interact with government.
This division is a key channel for the Government of Nova Scotia, as it is involved in the face-to-face interactions with Nova Scotia citizens for a variety of services specific to Motor Vehicles, Consumer and Business Services and Land Registry. Under these three branches, In-Person Services is responsible for a wide range of programs and services, including:
Registry of Motor Vehicles
- Motor Vehicle certificate of registration
- Motor vehicle permitting registration
- International registration plan
- Motor vehicle temporary permits
- Vehicle Tax
- Accessible parking permits
- Motor Vehicle Dealer Licensing
- Motor Vehicle Inspection Station Licensing
- Driver Licensing
- Driver Examination Fees
- Driver Handbooks
- Driver Abstracts
- Nova Scotia Identification Card Service
- Reinstatement Fees
- Miscellaneous RMV Transactions
- Motor Vehicle Related Fines
- Commercial Carrier Registration Fee
- Residential Tenancies intake
- Debtor Assistance intake
- Registry of Joint Stocks transactions
- Administer Knowledge tests for Drivers
- Marriage Licenses
- General Government information
- Information for Businesses
- Providing forms and applications for various government programs
- Land registration and property mapping
Customer Contact and Collection Services:
This division is responsible for providing comprehensive registration services for businesses and other organizations, providing a wide variety of government information to the public, for corporate debt collection and operates with three main Centres of Excellence.
Business Registration Unit
- Comprehensive business registration services for the provincial government with coverage across all channels (in person, telephone, and fax/online/direct mail channels).
- Issuing licenses, permits, registrations and certificates for a wide array of organizations and industries.
- Adjudication and approval of refunds and rebates within specified guidelines.
- Inventory management of provincial licences for hunting and fishing vendors across the province.
- Single point of contact for information related to all areas of government.
- Answering inquiries and providing information to the public on all Service Nova Scotia and Registry of Motor Vehicles legislation.
- Providing assistance to the public to determine where to direct enquiries within the provincial government and referral to federal and municipal governments.
- Booking RMV road test appointments.
Responsible for :
- Debt recovery Programs on behalf of Nova Scotia and the public sector.
- Helping debtors meet financial obligations to the crown (includes fines, damages, loans, goods, services and overpayment of benefits).
- Monitoring and recovery of Fuel, Tobacco, and Corporate Capital Tax as well as monitoring Petroleum Product Pricing returns.
- Office audit of tax recovery for all private sale transactions for vehicles, boats and planes.
- Developing and executing a strategy for the transformation of digital services across government.
- Providing digital guidance and support in delivering online programs and services on behalf of government.
- Delivering online services including creating, enhancing, and maintaining websites and transactional services including:
- Registry of Motor Vehicles – vehicle permit renewal, knowledge test, road test
- Vital Statistics – birth, marriage, death certificates
- Nova Scotia online service for business
- Parking tickets payment
- Collection services
- Change of address service
- Lien check service
- Driver insurance abstract service
- Fine payments
- Hospital birth bundle kiosks
- Access Nova Scotia
- Office of Service Nova Scotia
- Digital Services also supports and maintains the following corporate services used across government:
- Directory of permits, forms, and licenses
- PCI Compliant online payment service for government
- Nova Scotia online government store
- Enhancing and maintaining French-language service offerings online
- Providing administrative guidelines and day-to-day operational support to Service Delivery operations.
- Primary liaison between Service Delivery and Program Management functions.