- Recovered with bodies by the CS Minia and kept by her captain, W.G. Squares de Carteret.
- From newel posts of either the forward or aft Fist Class staircase, probably one of the end posts.
- Oak trim with a vegetable, fruit and flower design.
- Made of quarter-cut English white oak (the finest and most expensive cut from the tree).
- Its image is easily spotted in photographs, paintings and movie recreations of RMS Titanic's grand staircase.
Maritime Museum of the Atlantic, M2004.50.109
Copyright © Nova Scotia Museum
Visit the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic's Titanic Website ...