Number 15 and Number 16
15: George Manthorne house, built 1825-30, early in the history of the place. It overlooks Bee's Cove, the River and N. West Bay acres on the main street (Queen St.) on the corner of Manthorne's Lane.
16: Danforth Nichols Manthorne House. He was the son of George Manthorne and this house is opposite of the old house above. Now property of J.B. LaChance.
Reference: E. Marguerite Letson fonds Nova Scotia Archives Album No. 2
For further information, please contact the Nova Scotia Archives