"J A Leaman & Co., 8-10 Bedford Row, Halifax, N.S., formerly owned by Faders Bros.,1890"
J.A. Leaman & Company was established in 1864. The company's advertisement in McAlpine's Halifax City Directory for 1890-91 listed the business as wholesale and retail victuallers, pork packers and manufacturers of canned goods and bologna. The retail stores were at 8-10 Bedford Row, the offices were at number 12, and the packing establishment was across the street at 13-15 Bedford Row.
Reference no.: Fader Nova Scotia Archives accession no. 1972-21 no. 25