Cattle and Sheep Industry Enhancement Program
The Cattle and Sheep Industry Enhancement program seeks to improve industry competitiveness and resilience by:
- enhancing animal health and welfare
- disease prevention and control
- improving genetic potential
A Nova Scotia Farm that:
- is currently and properly registered in the correct income category under the Farm Registration Act
- has generated an annual eligible gross commodity income of $30,000
- has a valid Premises Identification;
- is currently in good standing with Sheep Producers Association of Nova Scotia (“SPANS”), designated under the Agriculture and Marketing Act; and or the Nova Scotia Cattle Producers (“NSCP”) Licensing and Levy requirements under the Natural Products Act
The person submitting the application must be at least 19 years old.
Please refer to the Program Guidelines for detailed eligibility.
Deadline or important dates
Application intake period: Current to December 20, 2019
Project completion period: April 1, 2019 to March 1, 2020
Claim Deadline: March 1, 2020
For more details on important deadlines see the Program Guidelines.
How to Apply
- Complete the Cattle and Sheep Industry Enhancement Program Application Form.
- Send the form, along with proof of income and any additional required information, to the Programs office.
If this is your first time applying for an agricultural funding program since 2019, you must complete the Program Funding Registration form. Returning clients only need to update the Program Funding Registration form if any information has changed.
Program guidelines and application are available in the Downloads section.
Agriculture – Programs and Business Risk Management Division
74 Research Dr.
Bible Hill, NS B6L 2R2
Phone: 902 893-6377
Toll-free: 1 866 844-4276
Fax: 902 893-7579
Program Funding Registration Form