Co-op Education Incentive
Thanks for your interest in jobs for co-op students.
The Co-op Education Incentive (CO-OP) provides wage assistance to private sector, government-funded and non-profit organizations offering career-related work experiences for university and community college co-operative students.
Employers pay students a minimum of $15.00 per hour plus 4% vacation pay. CO-OP will reimburse $7.50 per hour to a maximum of 40 hours per week. Employers participating in IRAP and SR&ED are eligible for an “R&D Incentive” and may receive up to $10.00 per hour.
Starting with this application period, we will be managing the program in an online platform called Labour Market Programs Support System (LaMPSS).
If you already have a LaMPSS user account, you can log in and apply! If not, you will need to complete the External Access Form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for the CO-OP program. You will be emailed your login information once the LaMPSS team has created your user account.
It’s a new process and we think that you will be happy with the results! The Program Guidelines have been updated to help you with your application. As always, you can reach out to us if you run into any issues.
Upcoming 2018 Co-op Program Dates
- Winter 2018 Co-op Term Dates
- Application available in LaMPSS from: August 7, 2017
- Deadline to Submit: September 15, 2017
- Work term dates: January 2, 2018 to April 20, 2018
- Summer 2018 Co-op Term Dates
- Application available in LaMPSS from: December 18, 2017
- Deadline to Submit: January 26, 2018
- Work term dates: April 23, 2018 to August 24, 2018
- Fall 2018 Co-op Term Dates
- Application available in LaMPSS from: April 9, 2018
- Deadline to Submit: May 18, 2018
- Work term dates: September 5, 2018 to December 21, 2018
Private sector, government-funded and non-profit organizations are eligible to apply and are required to provide at least one of the following:
- Registry of Joint Stocks number
- CRA Charities number
- a copy of legal documentation/Act of Legislature that identifies how assets will be distributed upon dissolution of the organization.
Students considered for hiring must be enrolled in a Cooperative Education program at a Nova Scotia university or college. Their field of study should relate to the job.
Labour and Advanced Education
PO Box 578
Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3J 2S9
Phone: 902 424-6000
Toll Free: 1-877-404-7074
Fax: 902 428-2037
- 2017 Fall Co-op Payroll Record
- 2017 CO-OP Program Guidelines
- CO-OP Employer Checklist
- Co-op Summer 2017 Payroll Record
- CO-OP Student Confirmation Form
- CEI Winter 2017 Payroll Record
- Direct Deposit Form