Coronavirus (COVID-19): Tourism Accommodations Restart Customer Attraction Program
The Tourism Accommodations Restart Customer Attraction Program will help registered tourism accommodations with marketing activities to attract customers and bring tourism dollars to Nova Scotia businesses. The deadline to apply is 23 July 2021.
The Tourism Accommodations Restart Customer Attraction Program is a 1-time grant that can be used for marketing expenses like advertising, packaging expenses, promotions (for example, third night free, stay two nights and local breakfast is included) or improving amenities for customers. Funds can not be used to provide direct discounts.
To be eligible for the program, you must:
- meet the definition of a roofed accommodation in the Tourist Accommodations Registration Act
- be registered as a host under the Tourist Accommodations Registration Act
- be HST registered
- have at least 1 room available for rent to travellers
Eligible operators will receive a grant of $1,000 per room for their first 10 rooms and $500 per room for each additional room.
How to apply
Complete the application form. Applications close 23 July 2021.
When you apply, you need to:
- provide proof of HST registration
- attest that you’ll use the funding to design marketing and promotions or implement improvements to amenities for customers