Age-friendly communities grant
Projects must fall into one of two broad categories:
- Age-friendly community planning: Consultation and community planning initiatives that result in robust action plans and age-friendly communities. These planning initiatives must be in partnership with local government and include consultation with and engagement of older adults, the broader community, and key stakeholders.
- Community projects: Innovative projects (could be collaborative) to develop and/or implement programs, services, resources or events that support active, healthy living; help older adults stay connected to community life; maximize the economic and social contributions of older adults; and increase social interaction and community involvement among older adults.
If you’re not sure how where your project fits and would like to talk more about it, contact us.
Who can apply
Municipal governments, registered non-profit organizations, registered charities, registered associations, and universities. Partnerships between two or more organizations are encouraged.
How it works
Applications will open on 1 April 2020, depending on budget approval.
Projects are assessed based on the following criteria:
- focus and impact
- best practice and innovation
- engagement and partnership
- capacity and sustainability