Agricultural Career Fair Kits
Agricultural Career Fair Kits are loaned to farmers and agricultural professionals who are attending school or public career fairs. The Career Fair kit introduces agricultural careers to students and the public in a visually appealing and interactive way.
Kits are available from Regional Department of Agriculture offices, located in Cornwallis, Lunenburg, Kentville, Bible Hill, Antigonish and Sydney. Farmers and agricultural professionals who have been invited to attend a school or community career event may borrow a kit at no charge. Contents of the career fair kits are offered in both English and French.
Borrowers may take any part of the kit.
Each kit contains:
- Our Farms: Our Pride & Joy backdrop with instructions for assembly and disassembly
- podium booth and cover
- standing literature rack
- agricultural career handouts
- prize wheel with agriculture career questions
- 2-minute career video
Users should take into consideration:
- the kit may not be available if already spoken for
- the kit must be returned in same condition it was borrowed in
- the kit must be returned within 5 days to the regional office
- a laptop will be required to display the video
Farmers and agricultural professionals who have been invited to a school or community career event
How to apply
- Determine if the Career Fair kit will meet the needs of the event.
- Complete the application form.
- The Department of Agriculture will review the application form and the dates requested.
- The user will be contacted to confirm dates and availability.
How long it takes
Applicants will be notified within 5 days that their application has been received. Applicants will be notified within 5 days if the kit is available for use and the procedure for pick up.
There is no cost to participate in this program.
This resource is available throughout the year.
Other ways to apply
If you are unable to apply online, contact the Agricultural Education office at 902-893-6575 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Agricultural Education Office
74 Research Dr.
Bible Hill, NS B6L 2R2