Agriculture Skills Student Bursary Program
The Agriculture Skills Student Bursary Program introduces agriculture to students as a career option and helps address the labour gap for agriculture producers in Nova Scotia. Students learn business skills by working on registered farms, including farms that conduct value-added processing of a raw Nova Scotia agriculture product.
The bursary is paid to the post-secondary institution. Bursary funding includes:
- $500 in year 1 for students who work 250 hours and $750 in year 2 and 3 for students who work 250 hours each additional year
- $1,000 in year 1 for students who work 500 hours and $1,500 in year 2 and 3 for students who work 500 hours each additional year
To be eligible, you must be:
- a student in Nova Scotia
- a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- a resident of Nova Scotia
- enrolled in a post-secondary institution in September 2023
- employed (or have been employed) by a Nova Scotia registered farm guaranteeing a minimum work term of 250 to 500 hours between 1 May 2023 and 10 September 2023
Employers need to provide confirmation of farm registration in Nova Scotia.
Refer to the Program Guidelines for detailed eligibility.
Deadline or important dates
Program opening: 1 September 2023
Application deadline: 30 November 2023
How to apply
Complete the Program Application Form (make sure to check the application for details on all required supporting documents). Send your completed application and supporting documents to the Programs Division office.
Department of Agriculture
74 Research Drive
Bible Hill, NS B6L 2R2