Apiculture Sustainable Growth and Health Program
The Apiculture Sustainability Growth and Health Program promotes hive health, pollination expansion and adoption of efficient technologies that help with labour shortages.
To be eligible, you must be a beekeeper or Mi'kmaq conducting farming activities in a Mi'kmaw community.
For beekeepers, you need to:
- be currently and properly registered in the correct income category under the Farm Registration Act
- be currently registered under the Bee Industry Act
- have at least 10 hives registered in 2022
- be a member in good standing with the Nova Scotia Beekeepers Association
- be a Nova Scotia resident
- be at least 19 years old and actively farming in the program year
Deadline or important dates
Program opening: 21 April 2023
Application deadline: 15 June 2023
Claim deadline: 29 February 2024
How to apply
Complete the Program Application Form (make sure to check the application for details on all required supporting documents). Send your completed application and supporting documents the Programs Division office.
You also need to complete the Program Funding Registration Form.
Department of Agriculture
74 Research Drive
Bible Hill, NS B6L 2R2
Program Funding Registration Form - Farm Applicants