Post-Fiona Maple Recovery Program
The Post-Fiona Maple Recovery Program supports maple syrup producers with extraordinary costs associated with recovery of production levels to pre-Fiona levels by accessing new areas.
To be eligible, you must be a farm or Mi'kmaq conducting farming activities in a Mi'kmaw community.
For farms, you need to:
- be currently and properly registered in the correct income category under the Farm Registration Act
- be at least 19 years old and actively farming in the program year
- be a member of the Maple Producers Association of Nova Scotia (MPANS)
- have restored or intend to restore maple production to a level prior to Post-Tropical Storm Fiona
- own or lease the property and are responsible for the expenses related to the operation of maple sap collection systems
Refer to the Program Guidelines for detailed eligibility.
Deadline or important dates
Program opening: 16 January 2024
Application deadline: 30 April 2024
Claim deadline: 30 November 2024
How to apply
Complete the Program Application Form (make sure to check the application for details on all required supporting documents). Send your completed application and supporting documents to the Programs Division office.
You also need to complete the Program Funding Registration Form.
Department of Agriculture
74 Research Drive
Bible Hill, NS B6L 2R2