Student Summer Skills Incentive (SKILL)
Applications for Summer 2017 will open December 19th and close January 27th.
The Student Summer Skills Incentive (SKILL) offers wage assistance to non-profit organizations that provide quality, career-related summer jobs to students going into university or community college in the fall.
Applications are open once a year, from mid-December to January 27, 2017, through the LaMPSS online information system.
If you're already registered in LaMPSS, you're all set for the next application period. If you haven't yet registered and you think you might want to apply to the Summer Skills program (or the Co-op Education Incentive, or Graduate to Opportunity or any of our other employment support programs), why don't you register now?
You only have to register in LaMPSS once, but you do need an account in order to apply for these programs.
2017 Summer SKILL Job Catalogue
Non-profit organizations and Registered Charities are eligible to apply.
Applicants are required to provide one of the following:
- An active Society's Act number
- Canada Revenue Agency's Registered Charity number
- Official documentation. This document must clearly demonstrate the organization's assets would not be distributed to members upon dissolution.
Once approved, the student(s) considered for hiring must be:
- registered at a post-secondary institution and returning to the same institution for the Fall of the current year.
- registered at a post-secondary institution and transferring to another in the Fall of the current year.
- A graduating grade 12 student who is enrolled full-time in a university or college program in the coming fall term.
For a list of designated institutions, please see here
Labour and Advanced Education
PO Box 578
Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3J 2S9
Phone: 902 424-6000
Toll Free: 1-877-404-7074
Fax: 902 428-2037
- Student Summer Skills Incentive (SKILL) LaMPSS Guidelines
- Co-op Coordinator List
- SKILL 2017 Payroll Record with Formula
- SKILL Student Confirmation Form
- SKILL Advance Request Form