Workplace Innovation and Productivity Skills Incentive
An initiative of the Canada - Nova Scotia Job Grant
Changes are coming to the existing WIPSI funding application process. In the next few months, the Labour Market Programs Support System (LaMPSS) will replace Access to Business and once this change is made, no applications will be accepted through the Access to Business system. Prior to this change, we will update this site with the transition date. However, to avoid delays in any application submission it is advisable to register with LaMPSS in advance of this change. To register with LaMPSS please download an application form: http://novascotia.ca/lae/LaMPSS/LaMPSS.asp
WIPSI is a funding incentive designed to encourage employers to invest in training to:
- improve productivity
- increase innovation
- support the introduction of new technology, machinery and equipment, or work processes
- provide employees with transferable skills
- upgrade skills
- increase inter-provincial and international competitiveness
- foster workplace diversity
Funding is available for:
- Training based on a valid business case
- Eligible training expenses
- Owners/employees permanently located in Nova Scotia
Businesses, industry associations, private sector unions, not-for-profit businesses and revenue generating social enterprises in Nova Scotia, that have been in existence for at least one (1) year and have at least $25,000 in wages or owner drawings (demonstrated in required financial information), are considered eligible employers for this program.
Businesses, social enterprises and revenue-generating not-for-profit organizations, in Nova Scotia are eligible for funding under Streams 1 and 2. Stream 1 applies to businesses/enterprises/organizations with 50 or fewer employees. Stream 2 applies to businesses/enterprises/organizations with more than 50 employees.
Business, Industry and Sector Organizations, Associations, and Private Sector Unions representing industry and business in the Province may be eligible to negotiate WIPSI funding for their members under Stream 3 provided the training meets identified industry needs.
The following activities may be eligible costs under WIPSI:
- purchase of training from a formal training institution or qualified external or internal training provider
- registration, tuition or course fees
- examination fees
- international training
- management skills development
- skills development training leading to certification
- training that supports workplace diversity
- other skills development and training based on a valid business case
- other training related costs, such as: manuals, books, and support materials accommodating for disabilities (e.g., voice recognition software)
Please note that in order for your application to be considered for WIPSI approval, you are required to submit a full and complete application form along with all additional documentation including most recent financial statements, training quote/s, and training plan.
Your application will not be considered complete and will not be assessed until all required documentation has been received.
Please refer to the Workplace Innovation and Productivity Skills Incentive Program Guidelines for details.
How to Apply
Apply for this program on our Access to Business website:
* You will be required to register on this website in order to apply.
Labour and Advanced Education
PO Box 578
Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3J 2S9
Phone: 902 424-5478
Fax: 902 424-0488