Workplace Innovation and Productivity Skills Incentive
An initiative of the Canada - Nova Scotia Job Grant
Changes are being made to how applicants apply for WIPSI funding.
Beginning on July 1, 2016 the Labour Market Programs Support System (LaMPSS) will replace Access to Business.
No applications will be accepted through Access to Business after June 30, 2016. Please ensure that if you have started the application process and plan to apply online through Access to Business, you complete your application prior to this date.
Starting July 1, 2016 all new applications must be submitted in LaMPSS. Organizations must register with LaMPSS in order to access the system to apply for WIPSI funding. If you would like to register with LaMPSS in advance of the July 1 transition, in order to download an application form immediately once the transition is complete, you can find detailed information online at: http://novascotia.ca/lae/LaMPSS/LaMPSS.asp
WIPSI is a funding incentive designed to encourage employers to invest in training to:
- improve productivity
- increase innovation
- support the introduction of new technology, machinery and equipment, or work processes
- provide employees with transferable skills
- upgrade skills
- increase inter-provincial and international competitiveness
- foster workplace diversity
Funding is available for:
- Training based on a valid business case
- Eligible training expenses
- Owners/employees permanently located in Nova Scotia
Businesses, industry associations, private sector unions, not-for-profit businesses and revenue generating social enterprises in Nova Scotia, that have been in existence for at least one (1) year and have at least $25,000 in wages or owner drawings (demonstrated in required financial information), are considered eligible employers for this program.
Businesses, social enterprises and revenue-generating not-for-profit organizations, in Nova Scotia are eligible for funding under Streams 1 and 2. Stream 1 applies to businesses/enterprises/organizations with 50 or fewer employees. Stream 2 applies to businesses/enterprises/organizations with more than 50 employees.
Business, Industry and Sector Organizations, Associations, and Private Sector Unions representing industry and business in the Province may be eligible to negotiate WIPSI funding for their members under Stream 3 provided the training meets identified industry needs.
The following activities may be eligible costs under WIPSI:
- purchase of training from a formal training institution or qualified external or internal training provider
- registration, tuition or course fees
- examination fees
- international training
- management skills development
- skills development training leading to certification
- training that supports workplace diversity
- other skills development and training based on a valid business case
- other training related costs, such as: manuals, books, and support materials accommodating for disabilities (e.g., voice recognition software)
Please note that in order for your application to be considered for WIPSI approval, you are required to submit a full and complete application form along with all additional documentation including most recent financial statements, training quote/s, and training plan.
Your application will not be considered complete and will not be assessed until all required documentation has been received.
Please refer to the Workplace Innovation and Productivity Skills Incentive Program Guidelines for details.
How to Apply
Apply for this program on our Access to Business website:
* You will be required to register on this website in order to apply.
Labour and Advanced Education
PO Box 578
Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3J 2S9
Phone: 902 424-5478
Fax: 902 424-0488