Coronavirus (COVID-19): Halifax County restriction alerts
Last updated: 26 November 2020 at 8:30 am
Additional restrictions are in place for the following Halifax County locations: Armdale • Beaver Bank • Bedford • Cherry Brook • Clayton Park (to Kearney Lake) • Cole Harbour • Dartmouth • Duncan’s Cove • Eastern Passage • Elmsdale • Enfield • Fairview • Fall River • Halifax • Hammonds Plains • Hatchet Lake • Herring Cove • Hubbards • Hubley • Lake Echo • Lawrencetown • Lower Sackville • Middle Porters Lake • Mount Uniacke • Peggys Cove • Preston • Prospect • Queensland • Sambro • Spryfield • St Margarets Bay • Stillwater Lake • Tantallon • Timberlea • Upper Sackville • Waverly • Westphal
Starting 26 November 2020
The following additional restrictions are in place from 26 November 2020 to 9 December 2020:
- gathering limit within a household is no more than 5 visitors at a time
- gathering limit in public is no more than 5 people (or up to the number of members of an immediate family in a household)
- wearing a non-medical mask is required in common areas of multi-unit residential buildings (like apartment buildings and condos)
- restaurants are closed for in-person dining; restaurants can continue to offer take-out and delivery service
- liquor licensed (drinking) establishments (like bars, wineries, distillery tasting rooms and craft taprooms) are closed for in-person dining; liquor licensed (drinking) establishments can continue to offer take-out and delivery service
- retail stores need to limit shoppers and staff to 25% of the store’s capacity
- organized sports, recreational, athletic, arts and culture and faith activities, events and gatherings are not permitted
- fitness establishments (like gyms, yoga studios and climbing facilities) must close
- libraries and museums must close (including Art Gallery of Nova Scotia)
- Casino Nova Scotia in Halifax and First Nations gaming establishments must close
- stronger enforcement of illegal gatherings, including ticketing of everyone at the gathering
- personal services businesses (like hairstylists, estheticians and nail salons) can’t provide services that require a client to remove their mask
- community-based adult day programs for residents of long-term care facilities are not permitted
If a confirmed case of COVID-19 is connected to a school, Public Health determines if individual or public notifications are needed. Learn more: Back to School Plan and resources for families.
Auburn Drive High School
Auburn Drive High School is closed until 7 December 2020. Classes will be online until the school reopens.
Graham Creighton Junior High
Graham Creighton Junior High is closed until 7 December 2020. Classes will be online until the school reopens.