Coronavirus (COVID-19): Emergency Support for Arts and Culture Organizations
This program provides immediate funding to arts and cultural organizations in Nova Scotia that have been affected by COVID-19. The funding helps them stay in operation so they can maintain or restart activity under current public health guidelines. The application deadline is 7 December 2020.
To apply for Emergency Support for Arts and Culture Organizations, your organization must be either:
- a current Culture and Heritage Development or Arts Nova Scotia operating client
- a registered not-for-profit cultural or arts organization that has received project funding from the Culture and Heritage Development Division or Arts Nova Scotia in the past 3 years (2017-2020)
You can apply for up to $75,000.
Financial assistance will be considered for plans that:
- maintain the organization’s operations
- adapt spaces to meet public health guidelines
- generate activity under current public health guidelines
The amount of funding will be based on the organization’s annual budget and its plan for recovering from the effects of COVID-19, as well as the program’s available budget.
Funding from this program is to cover operational cash flow up to 31 March 2021.
The program doesn’t cover:
- debts from before the COVID-19 pandemic
- non-recoverable losses because of COVID-19
- operating costs beyond 31 March 2021
- building or capital expenses
How to apply
- Complete the application form (PDF 486 kB) and required supporting documents.
- Submit your application by email by 7 December 2020.
Before you start
When you apply, you need to include:
- a proposal explaining how you’ll use the funding, and how you’ll follow and adapt to public health guidelines
- a balance sheet showing assets, liabilities and equity as of 2 November 2020
- an income statement signed by an authorized representative
- projected cash flow for the period ending 31 March 2021
Department of Communities, Culture and Heritage
Susan Jeffries: email@example.com
Briony Carros: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stacey Oxner: email@example.com