Homes for Special Care
Licensing Services inspects and issues licenses to homes for special care with three or more residents. The following are the different types of homes for special care:
- Adult residential centres
- Regional rehabilitation centres
- Residential care facilities
- Developmental residences
- Group homes
- Small option homes
- Licensing Services Handbook – information on opening a home for special care, the licensing process and inspections (how to prepare for them and maintaining compliance)
- Homes for Special Care Licensing Checklist – checklists are used by Licensing Officers during inspections
- Licensing Services Compliance and Enforcement Policy
- Homes for Special Care Act
- Homes for Special Care Regulations
- Disability Support Program – information on the program
For further information or to register a concern, contact us by phone: 1-844-896-2494 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To report a potential incident of abuse of a person in a home for special care, call 1-800-225-7225.