What We Heard: Accessibility in Nova Scotia
Approximately 1500 Nova Scotians provided input through focus groups, an online questionnaire, public engagement sessions, stakeholder meetings, and direct submissions, including:
- Persons with disabilities
- Families and friends of persons with disabilities
- Representatives of non-profit organizations and community groups
- Representatives of the education and health sectors
- Representatives of the private sector
- Municipal and provincial government employees and elected officials
We heard about barriers to accessibility in our province, what areas of accessibility should be prioritized, and how we can work together to achieve accessibility in Nova Scotia by 2030. The input received during these consultations is summarized in What We Heard: Accessibility in Nova Scotia (PDF 333 KB).
This important feedback informed the development of our strategy for an accessible Nova Scotia.