Achieving an accessible Nova Scotia
Thank you to those who participated in recent consultations on accessibility.
Approximately 1500 Nova Scotians provided input through focus groups, an online questionnaire, public engagement sessions, and emailed submissions, including:
- Persons with disabilities
- Families and friends of persons with disabilities
- Representatives of non-profit organizations and community groups
- Individuals working in the health and education sectors
- Municipal and provincial government employees and elected officials
- Business owners
We heard about the barriers to accessibility in our province, what areas of accessibility should be prioritized, and how we can work together to achieve accessibility in Nova Scotia by 2030. This important feedback will inform the development of our strategy for an accessible Nova Scotia, to be released in Fall 2018.
Input received through the online questionnaire for persons with disabilities and those who provide services to persons with disabilities is summarized in Working Toward an Accessible Nova Scotia, available here .