Department of Fisheries & Aquaculture
For up-to-date information on COVID-19, visit novascotia.ca/coronavirus.
For government office and facility closures and event cancellations, visit novascotia.ca/closures.
Five online learning opportunities and the Ministerial Awards of Excellence
It’s never been easier and more important to get your hands on local. Explore our buy local directory and find suppliers and farmers' markets near you.
The Fisheries and Aquaculture Student Bursary Program aims to help Nova Scotia fill the labour gap for aquaculture, seafood buying and seafood processing facilities.
Seafood exporters have a new brand, Nova Scotia Seafood, to promote products in international markets.
- Fisheries and Aquaculture Student Bursary Program
- Atlantic Fisheries Fund
- Process for Marine Aquaculture Licence and Lease
- Defining Lobster Fishermen Concern for Finfish Aquaculture on Lobsters and Lobster Fishing Communities in Nova Scotia: A Pilot Study
- Nova Scotia International Seafood Brand
- NAFTA Consultations
- Canada’s seafood leader
- New Aquaculture Regulations
- Aquaculture Regulations
- Nova Scotia’s Open Data Portal
- Lobster Handling Course
- Report of the Maritime Lobster Panel
- Angler's Handbook
- Nova Scotia Lobster Consultations
- Services en Français
- Follow us on Twitter @nsfisheries
Aquaculture resources, site mapping tool, application process, veterinarian services, leases, licensing, permits, laws and regulations.
Lake inventory maps, sportfishing guides, event schedule, tackle program, special management areas, licences and regulations.
Commercial Fisheries resources, activities and events, licensing, permits, laws and regulations.