Department of Fisheries & Aquaculture
Fisheries and Aquaculture Minister Keith Colwell welcomes harvesters, processors and exporters to the Halifax Convention Centre, Feb. 25-27, to share knowledge and expertise, and hear from international speakers.
As Nova Scotia marks another seafood export milestone, Premier Stephen McNeil and Fisheries and Aquaculture Minister Keith Colwell joined 19 Nova Scotian seafood companies at the annual Seafood Expo North America March 17-19
Nova Scotians are encouraged to take advantage of the warmer weather and head to one of the province’s many waterways to enjoy the 2019 sportfishing season opening on April 1
A project to drop lime on the forest along the West River Sheet Harbour on the Eastern Shore will mitigate the effects of acid rain and support restoration of trout and wild Atlantic salmon habitat.
- Atlantic Fisheries Fund
- Process for Marine Aquaculture Licence and Lease
- Defining Lobster Fishermen Concern for Finfish Aquaculture on Lobsters and Lobster Fishing Communities in Nova Scotia: A Pilot Study
- Nova Scotia International Seafood Brand
- NAFTA Consultations
- Canada’s seafood leader
- New Aquaculture Regulations
- Aquaculture Regulations
- Nova Scotia’s Open Data Portal
- Lobster Handling Course
- Report of the Maritime Lobster Panel
- 2019 Angler's Handbook
- Nova Scotia Lobster Consultations
- Services en Français
- Follow us on Twitter @nsfisheries
Aquaculture resources, site mapping tool, application process, veterinarian services, leases, licensing, permits, laws and regulations.
Lake inventory maps, sportfishing guides, event schedule, tackle program, special management areas, licences and regulations.
Commercial Fisheries resources, activities and events, licensing, permits, laws and regulations.