Department of Fisheries & Aquaculture
Learn more about how to apply for funding to support innovation and sustainability in aquaculture.
A project to drop lime on the forest along the West River Sheet Harbour on the Eastern Shore will mitigate the effects of acid rain and support restoration of trout and wild Atlantic salmon habitat.
Government is investing $2.8 million in the aquaculture sector to create more jobs in Nova Scotia and opening applications for ocean-based shellfish, cultivated marine plant and trout farming
- Minister's Conference 2018 Presentations
- Nova Scotia International Seafood Brand
- NAFTA Consultations
- Canada’s seafood leader
- FAQ – Process for New Aquaculture Leases and Licences
- New Aquaculture Regulations
- Aquaculture Regulations 2015
- Nova Scotia’s Open Data Portal
- Lobster Handling Course
- Report of the Maritime Lobster Panel
- 2018 Angler's Handbook
- Nova Scotia Lobster Consultations
- Services en Français
- Follow us on Twitter @nsfisheries
Aquaculture resources, site mapping tool, application process, veterinarian services, leases, licensing, permits, laws and regulations.
Lake inventory maps, sportfishing guides, event schedule, tackle program, special management areas, licences and regulations.
Commercial Fisheries resources, activities and events, licensing, permits, laws and regulations.