Fuel Safety Bulletin 2003-03c
Issued: June 23, 2003
Subject: Bulk Plant and Dispenser Plan Submissions
Plans submitted under section 12 of the Fuel Safety Regulations must bear a number of pieces of information before approval is possible. Failure to provide this information will result in delays in both the approval of the plans and the issuing of the required installation permit. It may also require that the plans being sent back to the submitter unapproved.
- Business name, building name and civic address.
- Propane tank size, clearances to buildings, property lines, sources of ignition and container storage, and fencing, where applicable. Engineered drawing for bases of horizontal tanks over 1700uswg and all vertical tanks.
- Vehicle impact protection barrier type and clearances.
- Piping or tubing : indicate size, material used, type of fittings, length of runs, supports, depth below grade and protection method. Piping effected by driveways shall also be noted.
- Location of all shut-off valves, relief valves, ISC valves, ESV valves, stop-fill valves, excess flow and back check valves, and the make and model number of valve to be used.
- Flexible connectors and hoses used must be indicated as well as the make and model number of the connector.
- Vehicle loading/offloading rack and rail siding particulars (include pullaway setup, ESV activation system)
- Plants: Water availability for fire fighting
Cylinder filling building detail
Dale C. Stewart
Chief Inspector - Fuel Safety