Employers must apply to Labour Standards for an employer registration certificate to recruit and hire foreign workers in Nova Scotia. There is no fee to do this. There are two different ways to apply:
- Nova Scotia's online service, Nova Scotia's new on-line service for businesses is a simple way to apply on-line.
- Employers can access a pdf application form on our website and submit the completed form to Labour Standards by mail, fax or electronically by scanning and attaching it to an email sent to LSTFWP@gov.ns.ca.
How to Submit an Application
Select one of the categories below which best describes your situation and follow the linked instructions.
1. Are you a business that has used Nova Scotia’s online service?
2. Are you a business that has never used Nova Scotia’s online service?
3. Are you an individual hiring someone to work in your home?
Do you have questions?
- Requesting access to Nova Scotia’s online service
- User name and password issues
- Site navigation, including retrieving a ‘saved’ form
Or, visit www.accessns.ca/business
Contact Labour Standards Division at (902) 424-4311 or
1-888-315-0110 (toll free in NS) with questions about:
- Information that is to be entered into the Foreign Worker Employer Registration form
- Timing for approvals
- Any other program related question
Or, visit www.novascotia.ca/lae/employmentrights