Are employers required to provide employees with pay stubs with their pay?
Yes and the pay stubs must include the following information:
- the pay period the employee is being paid for
- the number of hours the employee is being paid for
- the employee's wage rate (e.g. $14.00 per hour)
- all deductions made from the employee's pay (e.g. Income Tax, Employment Insurance)
- how much the employee is being paid after deductions are made
What steps can an employee take if the employer fails to provide the employee with a T4 slip and/or a Record of Employment after the employment relationship ends?
All questions concerning Record of Employment (separation papers) and employment insurance should be directed to the nearest Employment Insurance Centre, Human Resources and Social Development Canada (HRSDC)
All questions about T-4 slips should be directed to the nearest Canada Revenue Agency
I have questions
If you have any questions, please contact Labour Standards.
> Back to Pay and Wages
> Employment Rights home page