Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement (MSFAA)
Note: Completion of your MSFAA is critical to the release of your funding. You will not receive any Canada Student Loans or Grants until a valid MSFAA has been completed and processed.
- Once your loan and grant amounts have been assessed, you will receive an email to let you know that your new assessment is available to view in MyPATH.
- If you are eligible for funding, check your Application Status screen in MyPATH to find the 10-digit MSFAA number that has been assigned to you.
- Within two to three business days of receiving your MSFAA number in MyPATH, you will receive a “Welcome Email” from the National Student Loans Centre (NSLSC) with the subject line “Register now to set up your account online”. This email will outline how to register for your online account with the NSLSC and complete your MSFAA. Follow the instructions in the email to verify your identity and complete your MSFAA.
- If you did not receive the email, or have trouble with the process, please call the National Student Loan Service Centre for help.
National Student Loan Service Centre
Toll-Free in North America: 1-888-815-4514
TTY (Hearing Impaired Students): 1-888-815-4556
Fax from outside of North America: 1-905-306-2414.
National Student Loans Service Centre
P.O. Box 4030
Mississauga, Ontario L5A 4M4
- Do not delay completion of the MSFAA process, even if you believe your loan amounts might change.
About the MSFAA
The Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement is a legal agreement between the student (as a borrower) and the Canada Student loans program (as a lender). It outlines your responsibilities and the terms and conditions of accepting and repaying your Canada Student Loans. The MSFAA must be completed the first time a student a Canada Student Loan and remains valid as long as they continue to borrow new Canada Student Loan funding. It expires once the student has not applied for two consecutive years.